CE #4.3

Short Answer

  1. 4.1% of the Dow Jones industrial average was lost.
  2. Teachers and their supporters are using #blowing the whistle to fight back against Empower Texans.
  3. "Net zero" relates to buildings that are extremely energy efficient, meaning they come with lite to no energy bills.
  4. Pepsi will start selling "Bubly" in attempt to grab more sparkling water sells.
  5. I would be interested in owning the iPhone X because I am very comfortable with Apple products since they're what I'm used to. The facial recognition and advanced camera add extra nice features.

Long Answer

  1. After countless studies and years of work, video game disorder has been declared a disease. With it's addictive features, younger generations have struggled more with this disorder, and it negatively effects all of those who have it.
  2. The indications of this disorder include the lack of control over gaming, as in frequency, intensity and knowing when it is time to quit. They also include giving games so much attention that people start to value games over other activities, hobbies, and responsibilities.  It also includes the inability to stop laying games, even if they have repeatedly led to consequences and had a negative impact.
  3. The article defines addiction as a pattern of reoccurring negative behaviors that take control of a person's life, giving them the inability to stop.
  4. I do not think video games are a serious problem. The majority of people who play video games don't play them excessively, so it is a great way to relax or have fun. However, when out of balance, they can be harmful. I think the biggest indicator of it being an issue would be losing interest in normal activities.
  5. I play video games with my brother and friends sometimes, but not very much. My favorites are Mario Kart and Fifa.
  6. I do not have any friends who I think could be addicted to video games. However, one of my friend's bothers could be, for he loves video games and is almost always playing them when I'm at their house.
  7. According to the article, some solutions are suggesting other enjoyable activities to do before allowing yourself or someone else to play video games, as well as limiting screen time to a couple hours a day.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dispatch Issue #5

Free Write - Embarrassment