CE #4.1

Short Answer Questions

  1. The kidnapped girls were found in La Veta, Colorado.
  2. I think the cartoon is showing the author's opinion on how the president believes he need to be the bigger, more powerful person than the North Korean president. The buttons could represent how much each president is talking, rather than taking action in a positive direction.
  3. Bobby Levinski, Ellen Troxclair, Rich DePalma, and Shane Sexton are the four candidates.
  4. Avery McKenzie, Sabrina Bianco, Caitlin Godwin, Keara McGraw, Kyndall Johnson, Kandace Blackburn, and Morgan Giles were the seven players placed on the All-District team.
  5. I'd like to own the Garmin Forerunner 235 because it would come in use when I go on runs or jogs. I like to know how much I have run in order to train for soccer, so the tracker would be nice to have.

Long Answer Questions 

  1. The book's title is "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House."
  2. Trump and his lawyer want the book halted because they are claiming it has false statements in it that do not have evidentiary support proving they are true. The release of the book could result in “substantial monetary damages and punitive damages.” Additionally, the book contains other derogatory comments and private information.
  3. I do not think the president should be able to halt a book's production and distribution. Author's have the right to write and publish whatever they desire, and freedom of speech and the media has supports this. Unless the book is based on completely false facts, the president should have no say in it's publication.
  4. Books are different from newspapers and magazines because they can provide a more in-depth look at a story and may not always be based off hard facts. Books can be about real or fictional events, stories, or personal accounts. Magazines and newspapers are based on real people or events in the world. Their purposes are very different.
  5. I think anyone writing a book about a real world person or situation should be required to follow the requirements of a newspaper reporter. This way it is easier to make sure all the information in the book is true because they all cite their sources and make sure what they put in their book is 100 percent accurate. 
  6. I would not be interested in this book because President Trump and the politics revolving around him do not interest me very much. I feel like the audience is directly for people older than me. I se so much news on Trump and his decisions, so I have no desire to dig even deeper in to what is going on at the White House.
  7. I could see my grandparents and some of my aunts or uncles reading this book  I know some of my family supports Trump and some of my family doesn't support him at all, so they may be interested in learning more about him to gain the perspective of other family members. My grandparents both love politics, so this is something that would definitely interest them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dispatch Issue #5

Free Write - Embarrassment