The Big Day Story

Anna Smith and Daniel Tripper were arranged to get married on September sixteenth at a church in Sacramento, California. After they thought they planned the perfect wedding, the outcome was unbelievable.

"As the priest said 'kiss the bride,' I saw Anna's eyes move toward the door. I followed her gaze to see a man burst into the church," Tripper said. "Then I realized it was him; Anna's old boyfriend."

Smith's previous significant other James Blacker had been in a serious relationship with Smith for over three years.

"I had never been as close to anyone as I was to James," Smith said. "I remained friends with him, even after our break up."

Blacker, who lives a long ways away, barely made it to the wedding on time to express his feelings for Anna.

"On my way to the wedding, I was extremely anxious and rushed," Blacker said. "Unsure of what I was really aiming to get out of crashing the wedding, I was too panicky to think about anything other than the road in front of me."

Once Blacker arrived at the church, he ran inside to confess his true feelings for Anna. Pouring his heart out, he explaining how he had never stopped loving her.

"Seeing Anna's face as James was talking broke my heart," Tripper said. "I could see the sense of relief and happiness that overtook her at his words. I let go of her hands, for I'd already lost her."

After Blacker barged in, the wedding came to halt. Everyone quietly awaited for Smith to make her decision, to see how she'd handle things.

"Before the wedding I felt relatively relaxed and happy," Smith said. "Then I begin to feel nervous, my palms sweating and heart pounding. Marrying my husband is a huge commitment, and though the thought usually brought me joy, I began feeling regretful. When I saw James rush in, I felt that joy again."

The crowd was shocked as Smith apologized to Tripper and then walked up to Blacker, embracing him in an affectionate hug.

"My heart skipped a beat," Blacker said. "I traveled such a long distance to stop the wedding and declare my real feelings for Anna, but I never thought about what the outcome could be. I've never felt happier."

After this dramatic unfolding of events, the wedding guests began leaving. Tripper left in heartbreak as Smith and Blacker rejoiced over the new future that awaits them.

"I feel broken, confused, and upset beyond comprehension, but I am not mad at Anna," Tripper said. "She is the love of my life, so all I want for her is to be happy. If that means she needs to be with James, then so be it."

Comments

  1. Excellent story. I was involved the entire way. Probably one of the best stories I read in all my classes. Good work. You do have some issues with attributions, but you stuck with quote-transitions style. Your word use is excellent and the story flowed very well. Good work. You will have some minor corrections but they will be easy to fix.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dispatch Issue #5

Free Write - Embarrassment