Student of the Month

Assignment #2: Student of the Month

I could also interview...
  1. The teacher(s) of the student
  2. Classmates with strong opinions of the student who won
  3. Family members or close friends of the student

Questions
  1. What is your name, and what grade are you in?
  2. Was it a goal of yours to win Student of the Month?
  3. What was required of you to receive this award?
  4. Why do you think you were rightly or wrongly chosen as Student of the Month?
  5. Why is this award an important accomplishment to you?
  6. What personality traits do you have that you believe helped you become Student of the Month?
  7. What advice would you give to other students that hope to one day achieve what you have?
  8. In what ways was winning Student of the Month challenging?
  9. How were you able to overcome the challenges that stood between you and this award to make sure you cold remain focused on being a good student?
  10. What was your initial reaction to winning Student of the Month?
  11. How did your fellow classmates react when you received the award?
  12. Do you expect to receive this award again next month? Why or why not?
  13. How do you think this award pushes yourself and your fellow students to always try their best during school?
  14. When did your school start awarding students for excellent grades and behavior through the Student of the Month system?
  15. Why do you support or disagree with the method of rewarding one student for their hard work as Student of the Month?
  16. Including yourself, has their ever been a winner of this title that you did not think earned it?
  17. How does winning this award affect your confidence in you personal capabilities?
  18. On the flip side, how does seeing another student affect your confidence if you believe you should have received it?
  19. What signs or hints did you pick up on that hinted you would be winning Student of the Month, if any?
  20. What advantages come from winning Student of the Month? Disadvantages?
  21. If you were to improve the idea of rewarding one student for their hard work every month, what would you change?
Answers
  1. My name is is Katie Martinez, and I'm in night grade at Bowie High School.
  2. It was never a goal of mine to win student of the month, but I am extremely grateful I was able to.
  3. To win this award I had to have excellent grades, good behavior, and great attendance.
  4. I think I was rightly chosen as Student of the Month because I work really hard and always make school a top priority. 
  5. This award is an accomplishment to me because it recognizes all my hard work. It reminds me that hard work always pays off in the end.
  6. "I believe admire intelligence, dedication, determination, and perseverance. I try to possess these traits as much as possible. I'm also a huge perfectionist.
  7. I would advise others hoping to win this award to never give up on the things you struggle with. If you're having trouble, push yourself to persevere through it all and figure it out, for it will be worth it in the long run.
  8. It was challenging because I've had to sacrifice a lot of my time to always make school my top priority. Additionally, I had to find ways to make sure I didn't get distracted in order to keep my grades high. 
  9. I overcame challenges I came across by asking for help whenever I needed it, trying my best/pushing myself, realizing mistakes are good, and learning how to stay organized.
  10. My initial reaction was surprise and happiness. I felt a sense of pride.
  11. My fellow classmates were happy for me and congratulated me on all my hard work.
  12. I do not expect to receive Student of the Month again because I think new students should get the opportunity to earn it, rather than the same students getting it every month. 
  13. This award pushes me and the rest of my class by giving us a goal to work towards. With this motivation, we are able to push ourselves to reach our best potential. 
  14. We started the Student of the Month system a year or two ago.
  15. I agree with the idea because it helps students set goals, but I also disagree because only one student receives it every month. Struggling students who work just as hard may never get the chance to be rewarded. 
  16. There's never been anyone I think didn't earn the reward. Every student is worthy of Student of the Month if they work hard and try their best.
  17. Winning the award boosted my self confidence greatly. I "felt like a queen."
  18. Seeing other students win the award does not affect my self confidence because I am always happy for the winner. They worked hard and are overjoyed to be recognized, and knowing they're happy makes me happy too.
  19. The only sign I got that I may be in the running for Student of the Month was the fact I had straight A's and a 4.3 GPA.
  20. Winning Student of the Month makes me feel good about myself and raises my self confidence. However, it can sometimes feel like other classmates are jealous and/or hate you for being smart or being the "teacher's pet."
  21. I would change the fact that it's rewards once a month. If we were to reward a student every two week, more students would have the opportunity to receive the award at some point and be recognized for their accomplishments. 


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dispatch Issue #5

Free Write - Embarrassment