Current Events Quiz #2

Short Response Questions
  1. There are 5,000 refugees staying in the George R. Brown Convention Center.
  2. Two water park features I'd find would be a rope swing and a floating "UFO" inflatable.
  3. The new owners of Whole Foods are Amazon. 
  4. Two apps I could download are Brevity and WritePad.
  5. I have only been to Waterloo Records.
Long Response Questions
  1. I do not have any family that has been affected by the hurricane's storms.
  2. If I knew there was a major storm about to impact my home I would make sure to stock up on plenty of food and water, get together my most important belongings, make sure to have a first-aid kit handy, and find an area of my home far from windows that would serve as a safe place throughout the storm. 
  3. The state and federal government should be responsible for fixing any damage done to hospitals, restaurants, stores, and business buildings. They should also assist in the clean up and rebuilding of people's homes. 
  4. I think the state should be responsible for paying a portion of private property damages, while the owner of the property pays the rest. This way it is fair to the government and owners because nobody could've predicted a storm so damaging would hit the area. 
  5. I think climate change did play a role on the storm's power and impact on the Texas coast. The waters of the Gulf of Mexico are increasingly getting warmer, creating ideal conditions for a hurricane to form, which could be one of the reasons it was so powerful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dispatch Issue #5

Free Write - Embarrassment