CE #6.2

Short Answer

  1. The San Isidro border inspection station can hold 300 people.
  2. Thomas Homan is stepping down as the action ICE position because he felt he was being sidelined and ignored by his boss, dealt with unfair criticism, and wanted to spend more time with his family.
  3. Clubstacking is a practice where candidates fill political clubs with their supporters to win more endorsements.
  4. Bars and restauants get the greatest fiscal impact from the ACL fest.
  5. Avengers: Infinity War made about $250 million this weekend. I have not seen it yet, but I would like to soon.

Long Response

  1. The story revolves around how some schools have made the controversial decision to only go to school four days a week. The idea of a four-day school week is becoming increasingly popular, especially in rural areas, but many others believe it is a bad idea. Families who can't afford child care and need to work five days a week don't approve of the idea, and it has not been proven to help the school in large amounts.
  2. Some advantages of four day weeks include that the students and faculty like the system, it saves the school money, and it is easier to hire teachers and staff.
  3. Some disadvantages of a four day week include being able to find care/assistance for children whose parents work five days a week, having to pay for meals that were provided by the school before, and the fact four day weeks haven't been proven to make a big impact.
  4. I would be in favor of only going to school four days a week because I think it would help reduce stress in students and give them more free time to relax, catch up on sleep, or do homework over the weekends. Though the days would be longer, I think it would be worth it considering the positive aspects of the idea.
  5. My weekends usually consist of lots of soccer, which can take up to a whole day or weekend depending if the game is in town, so having an extra day to be home and be able to finish homework would help me a lot. I would most likely have to get up earlier or stay at school later in the day, but I think I could get used to the time changes fairly quickly.
  6. I was actually talking about this idea with my mom a few days ago, and she said she thought it would be a good idea. However, she thought only high schoolers should get a four day week system because they could stay at home and take care of themselves on the days their parents had work or other commitments.
  7. With longer classes, I would probably do things pretty similarly to how I do now. Some classes may seem dreadfully long, but I would force myself to stay focused and get down the material just as I do now. I would make sure to manage my time properly so that completing homework and assignments wouldn't be an issue.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dispatch Issue #5

Free Write - Embarrassment