CE #4.1

Short Answer Questions


  1. Steve Adler raised over 1 million in 2014.
  2. 20,000 new jobs could be created if Apple makes Austin its next headquarters.
  3. Two digital currencies mentioned are Bitcoin and Ethereum.
  4. The final three locations for Austin's new MLS soccer stadium are Butler Shores Metropolitan Park, Roy Guerrero Metropolitan Park, and McKalla Place
  5. "Dinder" is a dating and dining app that matches you with others that have similar interests and taste in food.

Long Answer Questions


  1. This article is about the difficulties child actors face everyday in their line of work. Young people the industry are forced to grow up dealing with struggles that come from constantly being caught up in the media, which has a bigger impact on the actors and actresses than most people realize.
  2. Some problems with being a child actor are being scrutinized for appearances, constantly being watched and judged, being sexualized at a young age, and being so involved in the media.
  3. I have started watching "Stranger Things", but have not seen the whole show yet. I have not watched any of the other shows mentioned.
  4. My current "binge" favorite is either the show "Arrow" or "Riverdale." I started watching "Arrow" because of my friend's recommendation, and I started watching "Riverdale" because I noticed how popular it was getting. I know am on the current season of each show and enjoy watching both of them.
  5. I get my entertainment from Netflix, the CW app, and the Amazon Prime app. I use different mediums depending on what I want to watch.
  6. I watch most of my entertainment on the TV or on my phone. I use Netflix and CW on my phone, and I use Amazon on the TV more.
  7. When I was younger I always wanted to be famous for something such as acting. Now that I am older and aware of the effect fame can have on children, I am glad I was never a child actress, for it is hard to grow up as a professional at a young age. People treat child actors as adults, which I do not think is a good environment for any kid to grow up in.
  8. I have never tried to contact a Hollywood star or famous person through social media because it has never been something important to me. Even if I like shows or the actors in them, I do not see the need to talk to or about them on social media.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dispatch Issue #5

Free Write - Embarrassment