The Car Accident

Thirteen year old Roger Clementine was driving this afternoon when his car collided with John Jacob Jingleheimer-Smith and his wife Melba's car, resulting in a horrific crash on Slaughter Lane.

"The car came out of nowhere," recalls Clementine. "I'm not quite sure of what happened because I was caught up in the song I was singing, but I feel terrible."

J. Smith was immediately taken to University Medical Center Breckenridge with an injured head and is now in critical condition. Luckily, his wife was unharmed with the exception of  bloody nose.

"As soon as I saw John's bleeding head I called an ambulance," M. Smith said. "He's been in critical condition for hours, and I'm terrified."

Clementine only suffered minor cuts to his face an was released from the hospital shortly. However, he isn't in the clear yet, for police began to investigate the situation. 

"We have found out Clementine was driving without a license," police officer Jordan Rout said. "Witnesses have confirmed he was speeding and driving in the wrong lane as well."

The accident was preventable, and consequences for Clementine will be determined once the police take Clementine into custody and inform his parents of the situation. 

"Seeing accidents like this always disappoints me," Rout said. "Nobody should be injured as the result of an underage driver's ignorance."

Clementine was driving a 1948 Studebaker, and J. Smith was driving a 1989 Yugo Firebelcher.

"Both cars are a total loss," Clementine said. "I'm lucky my car protected me from such a direct hit."

Clementine drove at 60 miles per hour, heading west. J. Smith drove at 10 miles per hour, heading east.

"The crash was extremely unexpected, especially being a straight on collision," M. Smith said. "I just hope justice is served and that my husband will be okay."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dispatch Issue #5

Free Write - Embarrassment